Burton Hill Baptist Church was formed in September of 1953 as a mission of Connell Baptist Church in Fort Worth and the Tarrant Baptist Association. A single-story frame building served as the first church building.
In March 1954 the church completed its first new building which could accommodate about 200 in the worship service. The church added an education wing two years later and began holding two worship services.
A new L-shaped auditorium and education building was built in 1958 which could seat over 450 for worship. David Kuykendall was the pastor when this building was built. The construction was financed through a church bond program for $40,000 at 6% interest for 10.5 years starting in May, 1958. The last of the bonds were to have been retired in May of 1967. Records indicate that Sunday School enrollment in 1956 was around 330 with offerings totaling $17,500. The auditorium was converted to a fellowship hall and kitchen when the new worship center was built in 1965.
A fire in 1982 completely destroyed the 1965 auditorium so the decision was made to rebuild but on a smaller scale. The new auditorium, built in 1983, used the existing concrete slab but was only one story and contained less square footage.